While I was on vacation my internet connection was spotty so I wasn’t able to do any blogging. I did do a lot of relaxing. It was a week of board games, knitting, watching movies and vintage t.v. shows, photography and swimming. Just what the whole family needed.
So my latest project is a kitchen mat. The one I have now is hard to clean and the rubber backing is flaking off. I can’t vacuum it properly and when I throw it in the washer the rubber back comes off and sticks to everything. I decided if I knit one out of cotton I can wash it easily. The cotton is very heavy and my hope is I won’t need any anti-slip backing. If I do, I think I have some options that would work well like non-slip backing from the fabric store that doesn’t have to be stuck on the mat or waterproof bathroom caulking (hopefully it could stand being washed). I’m not going to worry about it too much for now.
There is no pattern for this Kitchen Mat – it’s seed stitched using three strands of worsted weight cotton. I’ll be sure to post the pattern when I’m done. By the way this thing weights a ton already and it’s only half done.