I got this cool T-shirt for my birthday last week:

knit-t2.jpg knit-t1.jpg

My DH ordered this online from Diesel Sweeties.

The lace cardigan as you know had to be restarted. Here’s the how much I got done before I realized the thing was too big:


And here’s the new sweater now (I’ll try not to cry – at least it’ll be the right size):



Sadly I’ve been very slow knitting my latest project. The lack of time and energy have little to do with it, believe it or not. I got several inches of my lace cardigan knit only to realize my gauge calculations were off. Sound familiar? Instead of like with the Celtic Sweater, the gauge was too big. It wasn’t 8 sts per inch but 7 sts and trust me that one extra stitch per inch really makes a difference (2 inches to be precise). So I started over with the correct gauge and things are looking better.

That’s the problem when you don’t have a pattern and are creating your own – the ‘bugs’ haven’t been worked out yet. I figure it’s worth the extra time to make it right. Had I created the sweater a few inches big all around I wouldn’t have been satisfied with it. It would have been a bigger waste of time because I would never wear the sweater.

I will post images of what I’ve done so far soon. Time is a major factor in my lack of posts.